Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Regional Project Officer based in Sihanoukville
Being jointly responsible for the successful implementation of all aspects of CENTRAL’s program work in Preah Sihanouk, Koh Kong, Kampot and Kep provinces, the Regional Project Officer will:
- Implement the planned activities of CENTRAL’s program in Preah Sihanouk, Koh Kong, Kampot and Kep provinces;
- Jointly develop an action plan for the region with each of CENTRAL’s program units;
- Develop and implement organising plans to support the formation and expansion of independent trade unions and networks in the region;
- Jointly develop materials and visual aids for and implement training of workers and key union/network leaders in the region;
- Support CENTRAL legal staff in conducting case investigations in the region;
- Support in the design and dissemination of safe migration information kits at village forums and assist in investigating and facilitating resolution of human and labor trafficking cases in the region;
- Document and prepare summaries of cases including labor disputes and human and labour trafficking cases in the region;
- Facilitate regular meetings amongst union/network leaders and members in the region;
- Build up relations with local authorities where needed to intervene in labor disputes or human and labor trafficking cases in the region;
- Assist with other aspects of CENTRAL’s program work as necessary.
In addition, the Regional Project Officer will carry out other project activities. As a member of CENTRAL’s team, he will:
- Participate in the planning of project activities in the region;
- Cooperate with all relevant stakeholders to mobilize necessary resources for implementation of project activities;
- Represent CENTRAL in meetings and communication with public and private entities in the region in accordance with the organization’s core mission and core values;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports for submission to the Program Manager;
- Jointly conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of activities in the region in cooperation with the Monitoring & Evaluation Team;
- Be accountable for and transparently manage, report on the usage of the funds for implementation of program activities.
- At least Bachelor/postgraduate degree
- At least 5 years’ practical work experience in labor disputes and human and labor trafficking cases
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in the Cambodian labour and human rights sectors
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to use initiative
- Honest, reliable, and hardworking
Please send cover letter and CV to e-mail: [email protected], or to CENTRAL’s office,
#359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: February 19th, 2021 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.