Finance Assistant JOB RE-ANNOUNCEMENT (Urgent)
Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting the Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a Cambodian national to fill the position of Finance Assistant, Admin and Finance Unit.
The Finance Assistant will be jointly responsible for the successful implementation of a range of activities and projects within the Admin and Finance Unit and will assist the Finance Team in providing support to CENTRAL’s activities.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, but occasionally travel to assigned provinces.
Schedule: Full time
Salary & Benefits: Full time, competitive NGO salary package
- Prepare payment vouchers with appropriate supporting documentation of all transactions (invoice, receipts, request form, quotations…).
- Directly hold petty cash funds;
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliations on monthly basis
- Maintain office petty cash and replenish as needed and conduct cash count at the end of the month.
- Make sure all the expenditures have been coded properly and correctly by budget holders /program manager/s
- Review staff advances and clearances and make sure all advances have been settled in timely manner Bank management such as: deposit, and withdrawal the check
- Ensure CENTRAL complies with Cambodia taxation law
- Maintain proper bookkeeping (entry into QuickBooks System)
- Prepare tax payment to General Department of Taxation on time (knowledge Tax online-E Filling) Review partners’ acquittal reports
- Support on training to partner staff
- Support Finance officer, Finance Coordinator and Admin & Finance Manager on internal and external audits
- Ensure all expenditure of each grant/donor has been coded correctly.
- Bachelors qualification in Accounting & Business Administration
- Knowledge on tax online and E-filling
- At least two years experienced in Finance or Accounting with NGOs
- Good command both English and Khmer Language (verbal and written);
- Basic computer (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Internet)
- Good attitude, honesty, commitment, friendly, good interpersonal and team preferable
- Willing to learn on Finance and Accounting Field
- Demonstrate attention the work
- Written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Accounting software “Quick-Books”
- The applicant must be a Cambodian national, preferably woman.
- A commitment to CENTRAL’s values and approach.
- Willingness to learn and ability to think creatively.
- Well organized and delivers tasks on time;
- Commitment to Child Safeguarding and to CENTRAL’s values;
- Willingness to work within an organisational framework in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Central is seeking a Cambodian national for this role; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to CENTRAL’s core values, a willingness to learn and think creatively, and enthusiasm for working in a team-based environment in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Please send cover letter and CV to e-mail: [email protected]
office, #359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: January 25th, 2023 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.