Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting the Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a Cambodian national to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant (Admin Assistant) under the Admin & Human Resource Unit.
The Admin Assistant will be jointly responsible for the successful implementation of CENTRAL’s operation and logistics and for participating and providing support in the performance of all administration tasks. The role of Admin Assistant will be directly supervised by the Admin and Human Resource Officer (AHRO).
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, but occasionally travel to assigned provinces.
Schedule: Full time
Salary & Benefits: Full time, competitive NGO salary package
- Maintaining and organizing hard copies of all organizational policies and training materials in English and Khmer in collaboration with the Admin and Human Resource Officer (AHRO).
- Assisting the AHRO with the preparation of Training Needs Assessment (TNA) documents to facilitate staff capacity building.
- Updating and maintaining an organized inventory list of the organization’s assets and orders, including asset labels and office materials stock updates, in collaboration with the AHRO.
- Assisting the AHRO in preparing and organizing scheduled meetings, including minute taking.
- Collaborating with the AHRO to implement the Annual Retreat, including budgeting and arranging logistics.
- Managing all aspects of events such as trainings, meetings, workshops, seminars, press conferences, and receptions, including coordinating with stakeholders, communicating with attendees, managing budgets, overseeing decorations, and booking venue and/or accommodations.
- Preparing letters, invitations, and other related documents as needed.
- Providing photocopying and mailing services for staff.
- Developing and maintaining a logbook for letters and documents in/out, including the maintenance of hard copies and electronic filings.
- Assisting with the scheduling of meetings, training workshops, and rooms for support staff.
- Arranging welcome and farewell events for staff joining or leaving the organization.
- Monitoring and tracking inventory, assets, and supplies on a regular basis.
- Coordinating the procurement process for support staff, including contracting translation and interpretation services and other procurement processes.
- Managing office supplies and stationery.
- Performing other operational tasks as needed.
- A completed Bachelor Degree in a related field
- At least two years of working experience within an NGO environment
- Good command of both English and Khmer (verbal and written);
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, email, and the internet)
- A positive attitude and willingness to contribute to teamwork within a cross-cultural environment
- Strong communication skills
- Proven commitment to CENTRAL’s values and approaches
- Commitment to Child Safeguarding
- Willingness to work within an organisational framework in the spirit of mutual trust and respect
- The applicant must be a Cambodian national
- Women applicants will be given preference
CENTRAL is seeking a Cambodian national for this role; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to CENTRAL’s core values, a willingness to learn and think creatively, and enthusiasm for working in a team-based environment in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Please send a cover letter and CV in soft copy to: [email protected]
office, #359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: January 25th, 2023 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.