Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a qualified human rights professional and native English speaker to fill the position of Technical Advisor.
- Assist in the development and implementation of CENTRAL’s local and international advocacy plans and strategies.
- Develop, manage, and foster relationships with international brands and allies in cases of workplace exploitation.
- Support CENTRAL program staff, especially the Protection Unit, to conduct supply chain research, maintain comprehensive cases records, and sustain consistent communication with CENTRAL’s partners and networks on legal advocacy and urgent appeal campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation, writing, and/or production of short articles, press kits, research briefs, and audio-visual materials on contemporary issues in the Cambodian labor and human rights sector for publication on CENTRAL’s website and social media channels.
- In collaboration with program staff, develop and produce an annual factsheet, brief, and/or advocacy paper related to threats to labor advocacy and CENTRAL operations.
- Work closely with the Management Team to update contextual analysis related to democracy, human rights, and labor rights and maintain communication with CENTRAL’s key donors, partners, relevant embassies, and other allies as needed.
- Undertake organizational development tasks when required, that may include:
- Assist in developing fundraising strategies for the organization in view of the need for long term funding and increasing financial sustainability.
- Assist in the development of concept notes and proposals, including budgets and evaluation mechanisms for new and continuing projects.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator, Program Manager, and Unit Heads to develop, update, and manage CENTRAL’s data collection methods for project management and reporting.
- Assist the Program Coordinator and Program Manager in compiling and preparing timely project reports and ensuring on-time submission to donors.
- Assist in managing relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Support organizational development activities.
- English native speaker.
- At least Bachelor/postgraduate degree in journalism, media studies, development, or another relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of practical work experience in media, development, and/or human rights.
- A working knowledge of contemporary issues in the Cambodian labour and human rights sectors.
- Experience with fundraising, reporting, M&E, and/or organizational development preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Desire and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Honest, reliable, and hardworking.
Please send cover letter and CV to e-mail: [email protected], or to CENTRAL’s office,
#359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: February 23, 2023 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.